WHY WE LOVE IT
This is a fun, easy, safe & sugar-free activity for Easter — using herbs and food from your pantry.
2 Tbsp Butterfly Pea Flower
1 Tbsp Turmeric Powder
1 small beetroot
3 Tbsp Vinegar
- Hard boil 6 eggs (2 for each colour).
- Grate beetroot & simmer in 1-2 cups of water for a few minutes.
- Steep 2 tablespoons of Butterfly Pea in 1-2 cups boiled water for 10 mins.
- Cover Turmeric in 1-2 cups of boiled water.
- Once cooled, strain your dyes into jars & add 1 Tablespoon of vinegar to each.
- Submerge 2 eggs in each dye bath for a couple hours (or overnight in fridge for darker colours).
- Remove from dye bath & let dry. For darker colours, re-dye dried eggs.For more colours, mix dye baths!